How to bond with a horse? Especially when your horse is insane.

I'm not feeling well these days. Everything is falling apart so I decided to describe my friendship with the chestnut psycho horse. Yes, my horse is weird, what did you expect? My life is a mess! 

Let me introduce you Fidelio. My 20 year old chestnut gelding. Yes, he is the cutest horse you ever see! 

(photo taken by me)

My parents bought my horse when I was 5 years old. He was supposed to be a horse with which I could develop in dressage and which would teach me. But.. despite his sweet character, he turned into a devil during training. Fidelio was dangerous and caused harm to a large number of people. I was riding other horses in the stable. I was too young and inexperienced to work with him. My parents decided to sell him but fortunately no one was so stupid to buy him. At the age of 13 I decided to change his behavior and I started real dressage training. It wasn't easy because I had to train myself and the horse at the same time. My horse was still dangerous and unpredictable. I fell off Fidelio very often. I was scared of every training, once I broke my arm. I often thought it wasn't for me. I don't know why I didn't give up. Despite these failures, we began to form a bond. He finally stopped wanting to kill me and started to working with me. He knows me and I know him. We are like one. He trusted me and he is my best friend. 

The world is best viewed through the ears of a horse! 

(photo taken by me)

We are not perfect but we are really enjoying our time together. I'm glad that I found him. My life is better with this unruly horse. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts