Plants everywhere!

Today I would like to talk about a more pleasant topic than my mental health. Let's talk about plants! Probably like most of you, I have had problems with plants. Who hasn't had a plant wither or rot? Yes, half my plants were dying because I didn't take good care of them. That's why I stopped buying new ones for several years. When I moved back to Poznan from Strasbourg my room was so empty. I can't change much in a room, but still, plants were not my first choice!

One day I went to Ikea. Of course, the trip probably took about two hours, because going through the whole shop is a challenge. At the end, there is one section dedicated to plants and there I saw a Pitch Apple (clusia rosea). This plant was so beautiful that I couldn't help but buy it, but first I read whether it was somehow very difficult to maintain. This is how my passion began. When my plant didn't die after a month, I decided to buy another one. This time a Nerve plant (fittonia). However, this plant rotted after 3 months, obviously my fault. I bought another one just like it and it has been with me for six months now and is growing beautifully. The last plant to find its home in my room (I have no room for more) is Bird's Nest Fern. This plant is a bit creepy, but pretty overall. It looks a bit like an octopus, and I'm scared of octopuses. 

So far I am managing to keep them in a good condition. We'll see how it goes after winter, as the temperature in my room has reduced. But there is nothing better than plants behind a computer screen. When my eyes hurt from online activities I focus my attention on them. It also often helps me to reduce stress. 

Has your home already turned into a small jungle or are you still struggling to take care of them?

Comments

  1. I'd love to see your bird's nest fern - it sounds intriguing! Could you add a picture to your post?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts