How to become a historian by accident?

 Hello everybody! Or maybe I should say "Hello my English teacher!" because you are the only one who is reading this. 

I don't know how to start. I've always thought that the blogger must have charisma or an interesting life.  I have neither charisma nor interesting life. Additionally, I haven't used English for 4 years. I finished high school and I was happy my nightmare was over. I really hate English class and especially grammar. This language is completely illogical to me. I have dedicated my life to learning French. You know, the French don't like English so... Ah, never mind. 

I'll tell you how much life hates me. But don't be afraid! I will also talk about history (especially feminist history) or funny stories from my life. I swear there are a lot of them. First of all, I have always dreamed of studying in France. After graduating from high school, I was admitted to the University of Lorraine to study law. But the French bureaucracy killed me. I didn't get a room in the dormitory so I had to give up. You don't know how difficult is to rent a room in France when you have only 450 euros to spend a month. That's why I started to study history. There were no places in other faculties. Nobody wants to study history. I didn't want to either but I had to. Surprisingly, I was a very good student. I became interested in women's history and I had opportunity to go on Erasmus to my favorite city - Strasbourg - for a year. Unsurprisingly, I had no need to use English. One year in Strasbourg was the best time in my life but I will describe it in the next posts. I finished my history studies and I have started to studying EU law and French philology. I don't know if it was a good decision... EU law is very interesting. Normal studies, you have to pass exams, that's all. But French philology? I have to do something. Dear Lord, homework, why? It's not high school anymore. 

History.. I miss you so much. I think I'll be back in the Faculty of Historical Studies. I complained but as you can see it can be much worse. Appreciate what you have! 

Comments

Popular Posts