How not to sell your bike?

Christmas is coming! I'm barely alive. I'm really looking forward to the Christmas break. Therefore, I would like to share with you my story about the bicycle.

Let me start by saying that the bicycle is a great mode of transport! I discovered this in Strasbourg even though I didn't cycle there. I lived in the city centre and could walk anywhere. Although sometimes it was difficult, because it takes much longer to walk 3 km than to ride a bike. Then why didn't I buy a bike? Because every bike was stolen. I am not kidding. A friend of mine bought a bicycle in the morning, drove up to the university, and when she left, her bicycle was gone. No matter how many chains you have, they would still steal the bike. Sometimes it was enough to leave your bike for 5 minutes in the city centre. On the fb groups there were many people who bought 4 bikes in one month, because each one was stolen. 

For the entire time I have been in Strasbourg, I have dreamt of a bicycle. As soon as I returned to Poland, I brought my mother's old bike to Poznań. This is the type of bicycle that only men use to drive to the shop for alcohol. The funny thing is that my flat is in a block of flats, which is on a small hill. When I went to university, it was great, but on my way back, I had to get off my bike and drive it next to me. That was pointless. In the end, I only rode this bike to Lidl. One day, I drove up to the shop and attached my bike in front of the entrance. I have shopped and unlocked my bike, and suddenly a man comes up to me. He told me: "What a beautiful bike! I'd love to buy it!". I asked him what price he would offer me. He said he could offer me a lot, that is, one bottle of vodka, but I would have to wait because he has to raise money. Of course I didn't agree, because my bike is much more valuable. The guy was very upset. 

I didn't sell my bicycle but I hope that you have had some fun with the story.

Be safe! 

Comments

Popular Posts